Field Study #5

Date: November 4 
Time: 4:27 
Present Climate Conditions: Windy, cool, cloudy, wet
Temperature: 66 degrees
Length of Day: 7:22 AM - 5:31 PM


I got to my field study and smelled the fresh fall breeze blowing off the water. I felt the chilliness from the air on my skin, through my sweatshirt. I saw that most of the leaves had fallen from the trees. I heard the traffic and birds chirping. A change from last time is that the leaves are mostly gone and the water has more ripples on the surface. The traffic on the highway, in the distance, was louder since there was no leaf barrier to drown out the sound. The ground was wet because it rained today. There was less people at the park today too, probably because of the cooler wet weather. I could see the ripples in the sand along the edge of the water, as it was clearer. The pond was about the same level as last time. I also saw a football in the trees/bushes. You can see the brush in more detail because the leaves are off and its looks like a pile of sticks. There is not much by the shore line of the pond, other than old leaves.













Comments

  1. Great job an excellent observations -- love that you're noticing the sound!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment