Field Study #4

Date: October 19
Time: 4:59
Present Climate Conditions: Windy, sunny, cool, no clouds, all blue sky
Temperature: 66 degrees
Length of Day: 8:02 AM - 6:54 PM


I noticed the smell of dry leaves and felt the cool air. I could hear traffic in the distance. There were people having a party with music playing. I also saw several people taking a walk at the park around the pond. I saw the dead turtle again, it was a little farther down in the water and I could only see its shell. I don't know what killed it. The algae in the water could be from fall turnover. I also saw speckles on the top of the water, which could possibly be pollen. I saw that the leaf pattern was more colorful with yellow leaves with some red and orange mixed in. Some changes I noticed from last time were some holes in the ground near the waters edge,  no ducks on the water and very few birds in the sky. I could see the highway traffic better this time because there were a lot fewer leaves on the trees since they were more bare. If you are also on the path you can see through the trees and see the water more clearly than last time. The sun was also reflecting more off the water, that can also be a change from last time since it is lower in the sky. The water in the pond is also down a little from the last time I visited. I also ran into family while we were at the park.












Comments

Post a Comment